Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tyler's Birthday week

Kate had this great skirt that had gotten a bit short and was going to the scrap bin. I decided to try and make a cute dress out of it for Alex. I loved the fabric so much that I tried to do as little cutting and sewing as possible, so that I could adjust it as Alex grew and make it last a few years. It ended up being a wrap dress in which I used velcro to hold it snug around her.
I was so excited so show it off, but Alex wouldn't hold still, and with every minute of pregnancy I'm getting less and less willing to stand or exert any unnecessary energy. Thats why these pictures are so terrible, they were taken from across the room and zoomed in later on my computer.

Here is Alex after running across the room to get away from me, after I put the dress on her.
This is about 3 seconds later when she realized that it was not very securely fastened to her body.

And this is why she won't be allowed to wear it to church.
Last week we had our good friend Rachelle over to play along with her boy Hayden (who Alex LOVES to play with) and her newborn Radley (who Alex just LOVED.) I was excited to see how Alex would react to a real live baby and it was so cute, she couldn't get enough of the little guy and wanted to share everything with him and just pet and touch him constantly.
A few years back I got a box of my great Grandmothers knitting and crafting things from my Grandma Sanderson. As I was going through it I found a pattern for an adorable little dress that was WAY old. So old I couldn't figure out the pattern at all and had no clue where to start. Tyler's mom helped me (walked me through every single step) translate and sew up the pattern into an adorable dress for Alex for her birthday. It's by far the most professional thing I've ever made, but this was the only picture I've gotten of it so far.
With the 2 days of nice weather we had last week, Tyler, Alex, Archie, Kate, Ben and I got to go to the park.
The non pregnant adults had a blast with soccer, while the pregnant adult and kids went wild on the slides and finally tuckered out on the field watching the soccer fun.
For Tyler's birthday he got a sweet hammock (and a soccer ball). Here are Alex and I enjoying the hammock.
I also decided to get a pinata for him.






I'm sorry Kara, I just had to post this picture, it's such a great action shot.
You look great She-ra.
We're trying to X out candy, so there was mostly chalk, necklaces, bouncy balls, and balloons inside our pinata. Alex went around eating all the loose smarties off the ground.
This is the only picture I actually got of Tyler on his birthday because I forgot my camera at his parent's house the day before.


Here is my belly, 36 weeks. You might be able to tell from the blur of Alex's hands that she does indeed love her sister, but mostly as a drum.

No comments: