This is photo of me 2 years ago. The night before I was cut open and Alex was taken out.
Here is our young little family 2 years ago. Alex was hours old and Tyler and I were simply in awe of what just happened.
Present Day:
Doctors Appointment this morning. I remember smugly making this appointment last week, so sure that I would never make it this far and would be calling days ago to cancel while holding my baby girl, surrounded by an aura of light.
Got permission to take a safe for pregnancy sleeping pill that Kate gave me the heads up on. If i'm not going to have this baby for a few more days, at least I won't have to lie awake for hours at night anymore.
Good news though, I'm currently 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. It was a little less than the "Oh my goodness, you are at 8cm, this baby is coming out NOW, off to the hospital you brave woman!!!" I was secretly (and delusionaly) hoping for. Or the 3 cm that would have gotten me a trip for lunch to Tucano's from Tyler. But it is progress. Doctor stripped my membranes again, to put it mildly. Tyler said it just about gave him a stomach ache just watching. I felt fantastically awful for about an hour afterwards but everything has calmed down and once again I feel great.
Tyler has to leave for firefighter testing in Idaho on Sunday and not come back until Tuesday night. My Mom will be arriving Sunday to make sure there is an overlap, but she is only here for a week. What if I don't go into labor for another WEEK!!! Then Tyler will have started classes again, Mom will only be able to stay for a few days, and then I'll really have to wear out my welcome with the Bradys. So I'm currently debating wether to gamble, assume baby won't arrive until after Tuesday, tell Mom not to come yet and not waste those precious days on potentially nothing. This could backfire and end with me both Tyler and Motherless, dragging Kate to the delivery room in a panic on Monday night, but right now I'm fairly sure I'll be pregnant forever.

3 comments:
Hang in there, you will make it. I will be thinking about you.
O my! I hope she comes soon so Tyler can be there! I love the last sentence in that post. Forever pregnant here we come! lol. Tyson's final is monday and if I haven't had the baby by then I will go for an induction on Tuesday. (Hurray for an end date!!! I nearly went crazy waiting for Rachel to come.) That pic of newborn Alex is precious. It has made me sooooo excited for a newborn again!!!
Sorry this is long. If you aren't Kristen you don't need to keep reading.
If I were you and set on doing childbirth without an epidural tell your nurse so. Ask her if she will help support you in this and do not mention hypno birthing rather say I hope to use IMAGERY to get me through this.( she may write you off if you say hypnobirthing, but she will completly understand imagery which is close to the same thing). Please don't refuse an IV! Ask to be able to walk. Use the potty often (even if you don't feel like you need to go). If you are in labor and admitted to the hospital to have the baby having the doctor break your water will help augment the process. If you are unsure about completing the whole process, but do want to exprience it to some extent don't tell your nurse you are thinking of getting an epidural. Go on as if you weren't and then when you are ready tell her you changed your mind. BUT, when you get to around 6-7 centameters your body will probably rapidly progress to 10 cm and this 1/2hr to an hour is really intense. Most moms tell me 'I can't do it'. If they are set on doing it (which I try to find out before they get to this point) I encourage them to wait 1/2 hr and let me check to see how far they have progressed. Usually if they take my suggestion then they make it to fully dialated and the intensity decreases and they are glad they waited. (even if they aren't fully dialated, but making good progress the intense period will subside soon). That is what you can expect. Good luck. One more thing if you are approached by the staff and they suggest you get an epidural because of the beginnings of possible problems with baby DO IT! Any questions e-mail me at tandrsloan@gmail.com
Your welcome will never be worn out. I know it isn't my house, but as far as I am concerned that is the statement of the home.
Post a Comment