Thursday, April 15, 2010

pregnancy, spring cleaning, graduation

Here is Alex in the new and improved (can't rip it off) dress made from Kate's skirt. Jumping on the bed.

This morning we had another Dr. apt and I'm so happy to say that it went very well. The doctor we talked to pretty much read my mind it was so great to finally be on the same page as someone. He said they are very optimistic that I will go into labor and have a successful VBAC. If I don't, they would probably only go as far as breaking my water, as far as induction goes.
So he stripped my membranes, told me I was 1 cm and 40% effaced, and said they expect to see me next week, although who knows...

I'm feeling great! Hardly any aches and pains (except for at bedtime). The only real problem being that it's getting pretty hard to go from sitting on the floor to standing up, and bending over is pretty much out of the question, so I find myself cleaning the house (picking up all Alex's messes 100 times a day) by scooting around on my bum or crawling, which isn't very effective, and very frustrating, especially since I've gone into nesting/spring cleaning overdrive.

I really want to go into labor, but at the same time this is probably the worst week ever for it to happen! Tyler will be gone and away in Sandy for 3 of the next 5 days, then he has finals and state testing the next 2 days and then on Friday is GRADUATION!!!!! Tyler is pretty bashful about it, but I can shout to the world how proud I am that Tyler will have to give a speech at the graduation ceremony because he is VALEDICTORIAN!! Yay Tyler! Hopefully this will look really impressive on all the applications going out soon!

One more thing, my fantastic sister in law Kara who also happens to be the worlds greatest hair dresser is applying for jobs and because of this she needed a head of hair to show off her mad skills on. So I got to hang out with Kara for an afternoon and get free highlights, which combined with the sweet haircut she have me a month ago, makes me feel pretty darn good for being 9 months pregnant. So if anyone needs their hair done in Utah valley, let me know, because I know the greatest hair stylist.
The 'before' hair shot. Ignore the messy kitchen, wild haired half dressed child and large belly.

The 'After' shot of my beautiful golden locks.

2 comments:

TJ and Stephanie said...

YAY! You're getting there!!! I had a dream the other night I saw your baby and she looked exactly like Alex! We'll see soon! I can't wait to meet her!!

Tyson & Rebecca Sloan (Mr. Incredible & his sweetheart) said...

haha Seeems like Tyler's schedule is similar to Tyson's. He has his final the day after I am due. So the kind man is wishing/hoping/praying that the baby comes late :( lol