Monday, April 19, 2010

Minute to Win it BBQ

I know, I know, so many posts!!! This has to do with the fact that I want to get all these great pictures and adventures posted before blogging is the last thing i'll want to do. It also has to do with the fact that all I remember of the first 3 months of Alex's life is sitting indoors and feeling trapped, alone, bored, and overwhelmed. So i've been on some kind of fun crusade, trying to pack as much fun in as I can before I'm out numbered by kids. It's also helped to take my mind off pregnancy in general and Tyler's absences and so I've been dragging anyone I can along with me on adventures and game nights, hence, lots of things to post about.
Saturday I convinced the whole Brady family to get together and have a BBQ/ minute to win it party. I've been craving meat like crazy since I attempted to give up tortured flesh, and finally had to put my 'crusade' on hold until post pregnancy. You've never experienced a real pregnancy craving (my body NEEDS that NOW) until you your not getting enough protein and your body is so used to getting it from meat. Anyway, so I Needed a BBQ as an excuse to gorge myself, and I really wanted to have one last Hazaah outdoor fun party while my body and babies would let me.
Archie and Ben. Both wondering when the fun is going to start.
For those of you who have not heard of 'minute to win it' go here and watch a clip or an episode or something, and laugh your heads off. The games are twice as much fun to play as they are to watch, and i usually end up crying from laughing so hard when I watch them.
Those are looks of agony, not excitement, as we struggle to work our way to the end of the sock to get the penny out. Without being able to use our other hand or body to help in anyway.
I tried to get a hilarious picture of each player.
Tyler schooled everyone at the pop can rubberband game.
Devin and Kara just never looked ridiculous. Unfortunately for Kate and I, there were far to many embarrassing pictures to choose from.
The kids got semi neglected during the festivities (by their parents, luckily grandma was around), we ended up with some really messy faces that I think came from the mixture of "here go feed yourselves yogurt" and dirt.
This one was hilarious. cotton balls sticking to noses.

Archie didn't really like it when Uncle Tyler took away the yogurt that Archie was filling with grass and woodchips and then trying to eat. I believe that is yogurt on his overalls.
Here we go, the 38 week pregnant picture.
Devin was the only one remotely successful at the throw the card into the watermelon game. And yes, that is a picture of a prophet.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Archie is just the most photogenic kid ever.
Bobble head Kara. She tried the entire body technique.
Kate was super focused, between this game and winning a 10K run earlier that day (yay, go Kate!!!), she was a bit sore the next day.
We love that we can even get Grandpa and Grandpa to play our silly games with us.
Super awesome fun day 2010 ended with the kids getting baths, and then they wanted to go right back outside. Waiting like puppies at the door for it to open.
Here is what I plan on posting about next. Ashes our lovely dog, decided to dig a huge hole next to the basketball hoop. Alex and Archie discovered this and it became the fun place to play. Hence, our awesome husbands decided to makes life easier for the wives and more fun for the kids.
TaDa!!! So they built a sandbox! Today we filled it with sand. I anticipate this box, along with gallons of sunscreen and perhaps a makeshift shade will make this summer a lot more bearable.

Finally, a semi decent picture of Alex in my pride and joy. That dress I made from Great grandma's pattern. so cute.

1 comment:

alli taggart said...

what a fun idea! and funny pictures!