Saturday, April 17, 2010

Crews rescue 15-year-old hiker who fell in Bells Canyon

While Tyler was working at the Sandy Fire department yesterday he got called to help with this... (click on the link and watch the video or look at the pictures)

ksl.com - Crews rescue 15-year-old hiker who fell in Bells Canyon

He is the one helping carry the stretcher in the front, in the dark blue shirt and pants with the nice new haircut Kara gave him. Tyler got to do the medical assessment. I know it sounds awful, but after 4 months of nursing home calls and DUI tests at 1 am, it was sort of nice for him to get a "real" call, something where he could actually use his knowledge and skills.

I'm so proud

2 comments:

Benjamin Brady said...

If all it took was falling off of a mountain for Tyler to get some "down and dirty" experience, I would have obliged him months ago. Plus, I have not had the opportunity to ride in a Helicopter yet. Seems win-win to me. But, I don't know if Tyler wants me bossing him around from the comfort of the spine board while he is sweating me down the mountain. Maybe we can talk about it before I go jumping of a cliff.

Eric and Hannah said...

Exciting!