Sunday, October 9, 2011

Western Iron Makers


These clocks are my all time favorite!
 For the last 5 years whenever someone has asked me where Tyler works, or what his dad does for a living, I would stumble through some explanation about Western Iron Makers, throwing in words like iron, decorative, metal, western, and really cool.  Those in the family casually talk about "the shop" where just about everyone has or does work, and friends always ask what kind of store Loren owns.
People often compliment their ironwork in our home, and we always enjoy giving it as housewarming gifts because it's just so cool!  I could go on and on about it, everything they make is just awesome and I can't wait to decorate my house with all their great stuff someday.  But for now, I'm so excited to announce the opening of the USmadedecor website!!!  Now instead of botching a description of the awesomeness, I can rattle off their web address and let everyone see for themselves!

     Tyler's Grandpa Archie started the whole thing in his garage with metal sheets and an acetylene  torch and arc welder.  It then expanded, and Tyler's Dad Loren and Uncle Boyd took over.  Eventually, it grew from a couple of brothers in the garage and moved into a business shop using laser cutters with their wives in the office taking orders.
Tyler and his brothers all grew up working there, their first jobs welding or cleaning bathrooms, and even though everyone has grown up, it looks about the same.  Tyler and Ben both still work there a few days a week welding and I've even put a little sweat in, taking catalogue pictures, cleaning bathrooms and mopping floors.  I think every son, daughter, husband and wife of Loren and Boyd have worked at the shop at some point or another, it really is a family business.



    I can't say enough wonderful things about "the shop" or the people who run it, but if you are ever looking for a quality, totally unique, U.S. made, beautiful anything, check out the website.  I can vouch for the solid construction and quality work put into each and every piece- these arn't those cheap made in china, western knock offs.
   So there is my plug, check it out (www.usmadedecor.com) and spread the word!  You won't regret it!
I love these ornaments!

The skunk is my favorite, I want a dozen on my christmas tree this year!

No comments: