Saturday, October 29, 2011

Family Pictures 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!


 This morning we decided to go play in the leaves at Grandma Jakes house.  While I was dressing the girls I thought about the pictures I had taken yesterday and one spot in particular where I wanted a picture of our family to be taken.

 Thats when I decided we were going to take our family pictures today.  I knew I had to be stealthily. If I mentioned my desire out loud, it was inevitable that every imaginable thing would go wrong and we probably wouldn't even make it out of the house. 

 Knowing full well that the universe had probably sensed my intentions and was already setting out to ruin my plans, I spent about 4 seconds getting everyone dressed and hair done.  
 As we were heading out the door I casually mentioned to Tyler "By the way we are going to have our family pictures taken."  I thought I had been so sneaky until he said "Oh, I know."
 Until this point I hadn't dared to hope I might pull it off and so it was only as we were getting into the car that I called a friend to drive over, meet us and take our pictures.



 I had prepared myself for utter failure, and so when I saw that the end product was fantastic, I was over the moon. 
 Turns out my friend is a really good photographer.


 And with the right background, even we can look good.
 It helped that Alex had squirreled away some tootsie rolls for the ordeal.
 And Heidi was fairly entertained by a lollypop stollen from Grandma's house.
 We even got 3 genuine smiles out of Alex.

  I don't think Tyler will ever understand my hoarder mentality when it comes to pictures, but I will forever be grateful for the angles who are sent to make sure Family Photo's happen.

No comments: