Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Someone taught Heidi how to throw sand

Every day I wake up and have an inner battle.  Part of me wants to spend every free second outside while the weather is so perfect.  The other part of me wants to actually accomplish things during the day.  Monday, the park won.
We had the whole place to ourselves, and after a 30 minute bike ride there, we deserved it.  I should mention it was Alex who was riding the bike, I was pushing Heidi in the stroller and the park probably wasn't even a half mile away. 

 Alex gets pretty mad when Heidi puts sand in her hair. 
 It happens a lot.
She will put sand in anyones hair. 
I'll admit I probably haven't discouraged it as much as I should have. 
This is the before picture.  
You might notice the determined gaze in those beautiful blues, and the sand in that fist.  I didn't.  After experiencing one of Heidi's sand attacks first hand, I've now sided with Alex, they need to be stopped.

 
We spent 2 hours at the park!  It was wonderful for everyone involved.

 I saw the girls getting ready to slide and I thought to myself "Kodak moment about to happen!"
 I even tried to coach them to hold each others hands.
 I'm picturing big smiles and sparkling blue eyes, sisters holding hands while racing down the slide, bright colors, sunny day. A perfect picture.
 Then things took a strange turn.
I shouldn't have been surprised.
 Although I wasn't quite expecting this.


 Heidi has entered the wonderful stage where she can safely climb the stairs, go down the slide, and only occasionally tries to throw herself from the tallest tower on the playground.
 I remember the wonderful day's when a slide was all you needed for hours of fun.  After recent awkward moments, with mommy getting stuck in the middle of the twisty slide tubes, I've realized that some slides arn't as fun when you get big.

Everyone had a great nap that day. 

No comments: