Sunday, October 9, 2011

BYU Homecoming Parade!

I really like traditions. One of my all time favorites is going to the BYU Homecoming Parade.  I can remember watching it as a kid with my family and have religiously gone every year since Alex was born.
                           
 Not only is it tradition to attend the parade, but one of the kids has to wear my old BYU sweater from when I was a toddler.  Everyone loves it, shouts compliments and throws candy.
                   The Parade was saturday, it was pretty cold and wet but wonderful as always!
 We even got Stephen to come watch it with us.  Heidi thought it was great to hit him in the head with her balloon.  Alex just sat in that chair shoving candy into her mouth as fast as she could.
                                             I think I've turned Heidi into a parade lover.
              She tried to follow the Native American float down the street, dancing to the sweet tunes.

Here is this years Parade group photo.  
I can't believe how fast our family is growing!

Some Pictures From The Past
                                                      Archie, Alex and Heidi 2010 
             Our Parade group 2010.  It was so warm last year, we were stripping off layers. 
Alex and Archie, homecoming 2009.  They were so small, they just sat in their strollers- in awe of the whole thing. 
2008 Alex, Tyler, and almost Archie's (Kate is 9 months pregnant here) first BYU homecoming.  Here we have Stephen pre mission.  Another freezing year.



Yay for BYU and homecoming!


1 comment:

Joe and Renee Williams said...

ahhh I forgot about the parade! :(
bummer.