Saturday, January 24, 2009

We Struck Gold


Alex insisted on feeding herself cottage cheese.

Saturday the Billings School District was having an auction to get rid of all sorts of surplus and old stuff. Tyler and I had decided to go check it out since we heard there was a kiln there and owning one is pretty much one of our dreams. We show up and find out it is a silent auction. Well, we figured that could either be good or bad, so we sat down and carefully thought about how much we wanted to bid.

For my birthday, the first year we were married, Tyler bought me a pottery wheel. It was a dream come true. Now, due to strange circumstances we haven't been able to use it as much as I would like, but some day we are going to want a kiln, and getting a used one at an auction sounded great! So we bid $50.99, not expecting to win, figuring it would sell for like $200. I could not believe my ears when we heard that it sold for $51.00. That's right, we lost it by a penny! I felt sick. It's not like we need one right now, or would be able to use it for awhile, but to lose by a penny! Oh man.

Well, it ended up not being such a big deal because let me tell you what we did win! A whole vintage children's kitchen set! I was drooling over these and I just had to have them for Alex. I am going to refinish the set and then sell the extra hutch. We also got 2 kids tables with 3 chairs, a mirror, and two toy boxes. While loading them into the truck we discovered that the toy boxes are filled with wooden blocks and toys, and the kitchen set had dolls and all sorts of toys shoved in the cupboards! I am just so happy! I can not wait to get started fixing these up. I'll post pictures once it stops snowing and we can take them out of the truck.

Tyler and I love the blocks. Probably more than Alex.

1 comment:

Gwen Crockett said...

that is awesome. I want to go to a silent auction :-)