So on January 1st, like a lot of other people, I decided to set some "Goals". I seriously thought about these and narrowed it down to 3 good ones.
1. STUDY the scriptures every day. (I am reading the old testament, the book of Mormon and all the footnotes that catch my interest from both, which right now means Jeremiah. This way If i'm bored with one section, i just go to one of the others for awhile)
2. Only eat sweets when i am really honestly craving them, and try not to eat candy at all. (I don't really like 'candy' anyway, so i'm limiting myself to baked goods/icecream stuff, and only when i need a fix)
3. Be more service oriented. (I always come up with great service projects but then talk myself out of it because it might be weird to just drop a loaf of bread off at a near strangers house)
Well, So far i've done pretty good. I actually don't think i've eaten any candy, and only splurged on a pan of brownies and some ice cream. With a few days exception I have studied everyday. The service thing is still hard and I'm sucking so far, but i have some ideas I might actually do, so there.
Well, to the point. While reading the Old Testament there are lots of stories about guys marrying multiple wives, like upwards of 3. And in a lot of these stories there is a 'favorite' wife. Well I wouldn't call myself 'naggy' but I was thinking and realized that if Tyler had another wife, she would probably be the favorite one. Sometimes I let myself get consumed by Alexandria and her needs, or I try to ignore both of them to focus on my needs. I think having competition would make each wife act her best and be a better spouse as to gain the love and attention of the 1 husband. So I've decided for goal number 4, to become the favorite wife.
3 comments:
but it would be less effort for your husband to have all of the wives vying for his attention. your job is to help him progress as well and where is the challenge of change for him if you and "all the other wives" are vying for number 1 spot? just a thought. you have great goals and being a better spouse is certainly great as well. good luck on conquering the sweet tooth.
I have never put that quite together like that before.... I want to be "the favorite wife" too! :)
That is too funny! I've always thought that if I died and Sam got a new wife, he would probably like her better too. I refer to her as his bimbo wife though.
Post a Comment