Friday, January 9, 2009

The update on us......

Temperatures in Billings are slowly rising, but the wind has made is still to miserable to go outside. Alex and I have cabin fever.
Tyler and I got called to be the primary teachers for the 10 year olds. There are 16 of them. We are also giving talks on Sunday.
We went to Alex's 9 month check up and found out that she is in the 90th percentile for height and the 75th for weight, and overall just looking great!
While he is still looking for a job, Tyler has gotten a part time gig helping out a tree trimming service. He is really excited about this, mostly because he loves chainsaws.
Alex got sick right after Tyler and I got better, and has spent the last few days miserably throwing up and filling her diapers with diarrhea. A couple days ago at 5am Alex woke up fussy. I fed her and put her back but she was still whiny so I decided to change her diaper. As soon as I started to unzip her PJ's I noticed a problem. Lets just say that Tyler and I took her into the bathroom and peeled her PJ's off her to discover she was covered from her armpits to her knees in the nastiest poop ever. It was like someone had dumped a couple of jars of mustard down her diaper and then rubbed it all over her. She got an early morning shower that day.
A semi full of eggs went off the road and the cargo was going to be sent to the dump. a man in the ward found out about it and took charge of the cargo and therefore we got a bunch of free eggs. So far I have developed my own recipe for deviled eggs and today I plan on making angel food cake and the wonderful white Christmas cookies.

2 comments:

Brianna said...

I'm pretty sure the Billings Clinic Psych Center might be hiring... And we could use more guys. Seriously.

Thilltribe said...

Okay..so how come the egg thing couldn't happen to us? I am glad it happened to someone though. Too bad you can't freeze them or something. I guess you could bake a lot and freeze that. Sorry about you guys feeling sick and good luck to Tyler on finding a job. It is pretty hard to find them nowadays. Love you guys!!!