A few months after I had Alex, Tyler and I went to our favorite store (REI) to splurge a little. We were looking for a few specific things, but I saw these wonderful pants and I had to try them on. Well I fell in love and we made the purchase. These have since become my favorite pants ever and I think I have worn them at least 2-3 times a week since I got them like 6 months ago. They are super comfortable and they make me look GREAT! Well, for Christmas Tyler gave me a coupon that said I could get another pair of these magic pants, perhaps in another color. I was so excited and got online to order them, only to find out that REI doesn't carry them anymore! NO ONE DOES! Apparently they were discontinued. I am heart broken.

I have never really cared about clothes, or I suppose how I look in them. Oh I tried to care. I would buy things that other people were wearing and try to be fashionable, but I never liked the way I looked or felt comfortable. I think I will be 90 before I finally have a complete wardrobe I like enough to wear. So I finally find my dream pants only to be broken hearted. Now I am afraid to wear them because they will wear out all the faster. I think when that day comes, I will carefully cut the seams, make a pattern from them, and try to recreate the magic. I should have bought like 6 pairs in a few different sizes and colors. I'm kicking myself for not.
On a hopefull note, I think I found some magic shoes today. I hate shoes, I hate socks even more. So unless it is under 10 degrees, or there is a lot of snow on the ground, I wear sandles. This has not been working well in Montana and so i've had to wear my tennis shoes everywhere. I had finally had enough when at the 'Mommy and Baby' day at the library, I sat cross legged on the rug only to find out my shoes were covered in manure and now on the back of my pants. So right after, we went to Target and Tyler found me a nice pair of shoes. 

1 comment:
Ben and I went to REI yesterday and I was looking for those pants and couldn't find them!.... now I know why. I was kind of counting on buying some when I lost the baby weight... what a semi-tragic happening- oh well we did get an REI membership so maybe they will start to carry a different type of magic pant, let's hope.
Post a Comment