Sunday, January 4, 2009

The New Year

In my family, on New Years Eve we have the greatest meal of the entire year. Seafood, steaks, appitizers, any and everything you can imagine. It's the one holidday meal I just can't wait for. That's why it was a double whammy when I got SICK! Somehow I got the stomach flu and spent a wonderful night running to the bathroom every hour, and then spent the next 5 days laying in bed, sipping water, and eating applesauce. Tyler has been feeling pretty terrible as well, but luckily Alex hasn't caught it yet (knock on wood). We drove up to Worland, WY in the midst of it to spend New Year's Eve and Day with my Grandparents. It was torture watching them eat all that great food, but it was so fun to spend the time with family.
My favorite part of the visit was when we went out to my Grandpa's farm to see the animals and mess around. There was a horse there that Alex was just amaized by, and spent the whole time looking at and talking to that horse. I got some great pictures of her and her Great Grandpa hanging out.
Alex is growing up fast, she crawls on her hands and knees now. Well, she will crawl over to a chair, then pull herself up, and then walk around the room holding onto anything she can. I can't believe she is already so grown up!








3 comments:

Thilltribe said...

Sooo cute! I am sorry you have been sick but what a fun tradition! Thanks for posting on our blog. I love keeping up with what everyone is doing. Your family is so wonderful.

Unknown said...

I am sorry you were sick. I hope you are feeling better. Alex is adorable

Kate, Ben and Archie said...

My favorite picture is of Alex in the trough while the horse is eating-- she is getting so grown up! I can't wait to see you guys next month! I am glad your family liked Om Shanti Om-- we need to have an India night when you are in town if there is time.