Thursday, January 15, 2009

Alex Alex BoBalix is 10 months old


Alex has entered a very independant stage of life, especially when it comes to food. We have reached the point where she throws a fit unless her hands are the ones putting the food into her mouth. We discovered that shredded cheese and cut up lunch meat work great, I bought some tofu to try as well as avacado, but the one thing that she LOVES..... is Rice Crispies!!!!!! It is just hilarious watching her eat them, frantically trying to stuff them in her mouth as fast as she can, 1 at a time.
She has also become a momma's girl. I have found that the only way I can get anything done is by tying her to me. She adores the vacume as long as it is off, but once I turn it on she crawls over as fast as she can and makes me pick her up.
Alex can walk now, but when we try to make her practice she just gets silly and falls over on purpose.
We have decided to put the swing away. EVERY time she sits in it she will just grab onto both the rails, making the swing stop, and then sit there stretched out and cry. I wish I could have gotten a good picture of it.


She teases and plays and knows when she is doing something she shouldn't. She loves to give High 5's, but only to her uncle David, and whenever my mom laughs, she starts to laugh in this hilarious fake laugh. You know she is trying to be sweet when she puts her cheek up to yours and then does the "ahhhhhhhh" sound. She will even give kisses! We try not to let her watch TV, but i realized what a terrible job we were doing, when she picked up the remote, pointed it at the TV and then looked at the TV expectantly. I learned my lesson fast! She is just a treasure.

5 comments:

alli taggart said...

oh she's getting so big! that's funny about the fit she throws about having to do it herself--katthryn did the same thing! it just came to a point where she was too impatient to wait for us to feed her!

natalie brady said...

What a little cutie! I can't believe she's walking already!

Kate, Ben and Archie said...

So cute! In the top picture I see some Kristen in little Alex-- I can't believe how big she is; I can't wait to see you guys, even for just a minute!

Tyson & Rebecca Sloan (Mr. Incredible & his sweetheart) said...

Children = joy! (and lots of adventures.) I love reading about you guys. Your daughter seems to have a fun personallity. (She probably inhereted it) We love you and miss you. Sometime we should have a reunion. Maybe we could introduce our daughters to kiaking. hehe

TJ and Stephanie said...

I can't believe she is 10 months old already! She is getting so big! I swear she just learned how to sit up and just got her teeth yesterday!! :) It's crazy how fast time flies! We miss you guys and hope we can meet up when you come in Feb!