In the past week we have been able to celebrate 2 birthdays! Sunday was Grandpa Brady's and we had fantastic homemade Cafe Rio salads and then a popcorn cook off! Each family had to make a different kind of fancy popcorn (Grandpa loves popcorn) and then we judged. But every single was was SOOOO good, there was no winning. We celebrated Grandpa's birthday on a Sunday and Tyler and I had spent the entire previous day working on our talks for Sunday, so Grandpa's party wasn't as big and festive as usual, but I think everyone had fun and I hope Grandpa knows we LOVE him!
Wednesday we celebrated Devin's birthday at the coolest park in the world. It was made the party twice as cool because Uncle Devin wanted to have his party there- I don't think the girls were even this excited for their own birthday's.
Devin is super cool and super nice. There is no going wrong with Devin because he is either really easy to please or overly grateful and kind. I almost felt guilty for how easy it was to make him happy!We got to the park just in time for a windstorm. It blew the big painted sign down but died down in time for mock JDawgs hotdogs and popsicles (perfect for the hot day it was!)
Then there was a game of kickball. It was so 'no pressure' and un-competative that I think everyone, even the kids had a blast.
The only downside to the night was that Alex lied about eating her hotdog (she threw in the bushes), and so the consequence was not being able to play on the super amazing fantastic best playground I have ever been to. I think it broke my heart just as much as it broke hers. But lying has been a problem and we are trying to kick the habit.
So we stuck to our guns, and the kids had a ton of fun running in the grass.
Tyler had gotten up super early to hike Timp with some friends, and came straight to the park afterwards. Sunburn, blisters and all. Then he played superdad and guarded the entire outfield against monster kicks by Devin and Ben.It was a LOT of fun. Great party Devin- Popcicles, Park and Kickball may be the best party ever.

T minus 12 days until we lose these guys to Southern Arizona. As surly as they look, they've been pretty fun to have around the past few years.








No comments:
Post a Comment