July 9th marked the date that I set off on a roadtrip to Montana alone with the girls.
We left at 5am and didn't stop until Idaho Falls where the kids got to pick out their own treat from the gas station. It was about 10am at this point and I was so optimistic about the trip- with only 4 hours to go. Then we hit all the people pulling campers to Yellowstone and then the kids got whiny and we didn't arrive until 5pm. We got to celebrate my "little" brother David's 18th birthday!!!!! Danielle, Mom and I made a delicious cake in the checkers theme because David is some kind of famous Billings Chess pro.
I put together a treasure hunt for the kids. Unfortunately that day they took naps at an odd time and then it rained so we were chasing clues in the dark.
But the fortune was found and it was a lot of fun.
Thursday Heidi and Alex snuck out of the house without me and Heidi fell off the ladder to the treehouse. I came out just as Alex was running to the house to tell me that Heidi had fallen off the ladder "Almost at the top". This statement mixed with the blood in her mouth and her chipped teeth sent me into a panic. I rushed her to the ER where she was tortured with X-ray's and CT scans until they determined she must have NOT fallen 15 feet. Minus some chipped front teeth she is doing fine.
The other highlight of the trip for the girls was when I cleaned out my old storage boxes. I happened to be a pack rat (past tense) but now I can't throw away all those treasures!
We went mini golfing to celebrate David's birthday.
Grandma "golfed" with the kids so the rest of us could actually play.
Bridger was ecstatic.
The girls were so cute running around the farm in dresses everyday.
Bridger wasn't so sure about the sheep.
Heidi is some kind of animal whisperer.
Every morning we went out to see the pigs first thing. Then we would go get the eggs. Then Heidi would drop an egg.
Other than a birthday, an ER visit and a mad game of Risk, it was a relaxing and uneventful week on the Ol' Homestead.
I wish I would have gotten video of this. Here the girls stand singing over and over and over "Bye Chickens, Bye Chickens............"




No comments:
Post a Comment