Here we are at our first Balloon Fest, 2010. Heidi was 2 months old and Alex was 2 years old and had recently had her first haircut.
She was overwhelmed by the balloons and it was so exciting watching her.
On the 4th we were in Star Valley and the girls wore the first coordinating outfits ever. I tried sewing my first ruffles, using the absolutely worst type of fabric, and hated those shirts by the time it came to wear them.
Heidi was asleep by the time fire works started and we joined my Mom and David in the grass next to the road to watch the show. Alex was asleep in Grandma's arms by the end of it.
2011 we went to the Fest with the Brady's and Kate's Mom.
Alex had long hair, it looks like Heidi had a mullet, and I had shed the baby weight in my face and lost those chubby pregnancy cheeks.
Alex was 3, Heidi was 1 and I think everyone enjoyed the balloons a lot more.
I made the girls over the top coordinating ruffled tops and pants that insulated their sweaty little bodies like snowsuits.
We sweated out the Provo Parade. By the time fireworks started both the kids were asleep, so I stood out by the mailbox and watched them alone.
2012- Store bought shirts leftover from last year, and t-shirt skirts whipped up a few days before. The theme of the day was "I know you are going to be hot and get filthy in the first hour you are awake, I'm not going to stress out over clothes this year." Heidi kept her headband on 1/25th of the day, and Alex insisted on wearing hot leather boots. Consequently she was barefoot 97% of the day.We watched fireworks at Ben and Kate's but determined that perhaps it wasn't worth it. I'm pretty sure Tyler is going to remind me of the misery next year, when I once again insist on keeping the kids up.


No comments:
Post a Comment