Wednesday, November 24, 2010

That freaked me out guys

"That freaked me out guys!"

That's what Alex told us after watching our little dancing Santa Clause stuffed toy this morning. This was after Dad made pancakes for breakfast and she said "Slick move Dad."

About a month ago Alex wanted a toy car Archie had. She told him "If you give me that car, you can have a treat Archie. If you give that to me, you can have a treat." Archie promptly handed the car over and Alex said "THANKS ARCHIE! You get a treat now, go talk to Kristen."

2 weeks ago, we were trying to teach Alex to stay in bed at night by silently returning her each time she got out. She cried and tried to con her way out of bed by asking for books and then food, finally we heard her crying......
"I just want to read my scriptures, I just want to read the scriptures." When that didn't bring us running she changed tactics " I just want to say a prayer." That went on for a minute until it was "Daddy broke my heart, Daddy broke my heart!!!"
I think it was actually the other way around.

Today we set out a nativity set made of lego people. Alex loved it and was playing all morning. At one point I walked into the kitchen to see her sitting nicely at the table eating what looked like a graham cracker marshmallow sandwich. I asked "Alex, what's in between your crackers?" She smiled and lifted the top piece to show me, as she replied "Baby Jesus."

2 comments:

Brianna said...

so funny! she is going to be too smart for her own good.

TJ and Stephanie said...

HahaHa that little girl! She is too funny!