Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween party number 2

This year Kate and I put together our 3rd annual family Halloween party. As far as they go I'll admit we didn't put as much gusto into it as usual, but it was still a lot of fun.
Alex and I made these little friends to share with everyone.
Unfortunately not all of them made it to the party.
Right when it was time to load up and drive to Grandma Jake's for the festivities, it was POURING!!!!! That didn't ruin our indoor fun though.
We played lots of games.
Like with most things, having kids made it a lot more fun.
Although the adults had a great time on their own.
I forgot to grab the apples for our "apple stack" game. Fortunately Grandma has an apple tree so we sort of tweaked the game to include gathering your own apples to stack.
My favorite picture of the night.
It wouldn't be a family gathering if Grandma wasn't there to sooth crying babies or make toddlers stop fighting.
Mostly we did a lot of sitting and talking and laughing.
Apparently the only people who got the "you need to dress up" memo, were me and Toby. She dressed up at Minnie Mouse and was adorable! I still think I had a shot at winning until Scout showed up.
Daisy Duck stole the whole show. Her Mom even sewed tiny little purple high heels to match her costume!!!! But you know babies, they just love to grow.
I was exhausted by the end of the night, so it must have been a success right?!

1 comment:

Kate, Ben and Archie said...

Aunt Kara and Alex have the same 'i'm trying to get the cookie that is on my face into my mouth' look.