Monday, November 22, 2010

The big number 4


Us, 4 years ago, walking out of the Billings, Montana Temple. Can you believe someone let those 2 kids get married?!
This is the closest thing I've got to a family picture, besides us dressed up as Super Mario Brothers, in the last 2 months.

This past week Tyler and I celebrated our 4 year Anniversary! We decided instead of trying to do something big and expensive, we would stay close to home and do a bunch of simple things spread out over a few days. In the end that idea mixed with illness would end up costing about the same as if we had done something grand anyway.
Unfortunately I caught the dreaded sickness that everyone else had suffered through the week before, just about the minute we decided to start the festivities. Therefore our less grand plans were substituted with lots of laying in bed watching movies and eating junk. Nonetheless it was a lot of fun.
About 3 months ago when my cousin Mariah got Tyler addicted to Bananagrams I decided to make him his own for our Anniversary. It was actually pretty simple and ended up being completely free after I stole a zipper from an old skirt and the scrabble letters from our board game.
I just love the bag.

In return Tyler has been making me a growth chart to mount on the wall. I had really just wanted him to buy a board and use a permanent marker to write up the measurements, but he went way above and beyond and even got a wood burning kit (our new favorite toy) to finish it up!! I can't wait to post the pictures, it looks FANTASTIC!
My favorite Anniversary tradition is the mix CD we make each year. Every year we put together a CD of all the songs we enjoyed over the last year, plus a few new ones. I think this year's mix beat all the others out, and it was fun listening to all the old ones too. We also watch our Wedding slide show every anniversary, and this year Alex watched it with us and asked questions about EVERY picture. It was cute.
Best of all I think rather than just celebrate, this year we actually grew closer together over the few days that were our Anniversary. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful Husband and awesome best friend. There isn't anyone else I would want to spend eternity with but him.

1 comment:

TJ and Stephanie said...

Congratulations! 4 years, that is AWESOME! And a little crazy, I can't believe it has been that long. Love you in the family Kristen! ok, ok you too Tyler! :)