Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sunday Morning

A few months ago I decided to try a new approach to Sunday Morning. It seems like no matter what time we start getting ready, we are always running out the door frazzled and late, ruining the spirit we might have felt in Sacrament.
So Alex and I decided to start leaving for church an hour early so she could enjoy the walk and perhaps get some energy out before it came time to sit for an hour. (This was when Tyler was at the firehouse most Sundays). Well, It worked GREAT! I'm excited to start our walks again, although things will probably be a bit different now we have Heidi.
This last Sunday we had a little fun before we church started.
Alex played with all her favorite toys.
Heidi got dressed up. (The bow didn't stay in for more than 2 minutes, and the blanket wasn't as girly as I had first thought, so we got a few "Is it a boy or a girl" comments at church, but mostly everyone assumed Heidi was a boy. I blame myself for putting her in white (we don't have a lot of clothes that fit her at this point), although I don't see the point in dressing Heidi up all fancy, when she is just going to be wrapped up in a blanket anyway. plus, practically nothing but her white onesis fit her right now anyway)
And Alex and I got dressed up. (I think this picture is hilarious)
Alex decided to help me pick out a few things from my jewelry box for church, and we had a grand time. I can't wait for when the day's of dress-up truly begin!!

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Too cute! That first picture could be in an I Spy book. Find the real baby. I have a onsie to send you, but whether or not it gets to you before you have your next daughter is debatable...