Yesterday I was holding Heidi and sitting on the bed. Alex usually likes to jump on the bed whenever I am nursing Heidi, holding Heidi, trying to nap with Heidi etc. While I was sitting there Alex looked at me and demanded "Mommy, get off. Mommy, get off NOW." I asked her why and then she did something that I didn't expect at all. She gave me THE LOOK. An exact copy of the face I give her when I mean business. Head tilted down, eyes looking straight into your soul, and a mouth that says "I'm serious buddy." As if that wasn't enough she then said "ONE...." I just about died from laughter, which of course broke her concentration. Phew! Good thing she didn't get to 3!
Tyler likes to tease Alex and pretend he is eating her. This usually begins with him crawling around a corner and tauntingly saying "I'm going to get you....." Alex giggles and runs off and he chases her and it's just adorable. I was sitting, relaxing with Heidi, while Alex was playing quietly. The next thing I know she is creeping toward me and saying "I'm going to get you...." In a super high falsetto. She then attacked and I sacrificed myself for Heidi, while Alex tickled my neck madly with her little fingers, hot breaths and devouring lips.
I asked Alex what she wanted for lunch and she said "ummmmm, rice, and soup, and beans" Which means Hawaiian Haystacks. So we looked in the cupboard and Alex saw a can of special spagetti-o's with princess shapes. She got really excited and said "those beans, ones with the girls on it" So I pulled down the can for her to look at. The only Disney movies she has ever seen are Cinderella II, Lady and the tramp II, the little mermaid and toy story, so she may be one of the only little girls in the world who doesn't know what a princess is. Therefore she described the can (which had 4 princesses and a castle on it) as having Ariel with other girls in pretty dresses by the temple.
About 2 months before Heidi arrived I was very keen on the idea of potty training. I bought "the last" pack of diapers and a few pairs of little mermaid panties and did my best to try and teach Alex how to use the potty chair for a few days. Then I gave up, she just wasn't ready. Here we are 4 months later. I've grown accustomed to changing 15 diapers a day, and we don't even bother with the diaper genie anymore, instead we have a cardboard box sitting in our hallway that fills up and gets dumped everyday. I'd been playing with the idea of starting again, and Alex had used the potty chair a few times, so when my Mom came to visit for a few days we bought some M&M's and decided to give it another try. Well it worked! Alex was ready, sat on that chair and pooped for an M&M on the first go! What we didn't realize was how NOT ready for this I was. I can change the nastiest diaper, no problem. But for some reason, wiping the poop out of the little chair, into the big toilet, almost had me hurling on the spot. So after sharing the limited floorspace in our little bathroom with that bulky pottychair for 5 months, I have decided it has to go. Alex has no choice but to be trained right to the toilet, because her Mommy is a pansy.
As for Heidi, she eats, she sleeps, she sucks on her fists, smiles a little bit and cries.
1 comment:
Eww. Potty training. Hope sure learns quickly.
Post a Comment