Sunday, June 13, 2010

Alex's great example

Last Monday for FHE Tyler and I were sitting on the couch writing. Alex said she wanted to hold Heidi, so we sat her in between us with a pillow on her lap and Heidi on top of that. She played with Heidi's fingers and giggled at her tiny ears for a few minutes, and then when I was barely listening I heard her tell Heidi that they needed to pray. She folded Heidi's arms and then said "Heavenly Father, thank thee Daddy go to church, thank thee Heidi go to church, thank thee Alex go to church. Name of Jesus Christ, Amen". It was the sweetest thing I had ever seen. She proceeded to do the same thing over and over and over, each time forcing Heidi's arms together so they could pray.
It's the moments like these that make all those frustrating ones worth it, and give you hope that something is getting through. I hope she continues to be such a great teacher, and example to Heidi as they grow.

No comments: