Monday, June 28, 2010

A Baby Blessing

It's been a crazy week. Tyler left for Missouri on Monday morning for a whole week of vacation/writing papers for finals/ taking tests for skillsUSA/ missing us. We actually did pretty well without him, although there was definitely a huge hole in our lives.
That same week was youth conference, and as members of the activities committee we were put in charge of planning the meals, buying the food and setting up the meals. Unfortunately I was the only member of the activities committee in town so it all sort of landed in my lap. I couldn't have done it without all the help I got, especially from Ben and Kate. Ben did his job with the young men, plus Tyler's job to help me out and then went above and beyond everything and ended up doing half of my job as well. Your my hero Ben, thank you.
My mom and David came down to help with the Kids on Wednesday ( I also couldn't have done it without you watching my children, Thank you Mom.) and stayed until Monday to play and hangout. The whole week ended with a gathering of wonderful family and friends for Heidi's baby blessing......
Here we have Archie being a sweetheart with Heidi, holding and hugging her.
Finally a family portrait of the 4 of us where I'm NOT in a hospital gown! Tyler is actually not a giant, it's just the angle of the picture, he is much closer to the camera than me, hence him looking twice my size.
Not all, but a majority of my favorite people in the world.
I didn't realize how many freckles I have until I saw this picture.
This is who stole the day. This is the beautiful blessing dress that her Grandma Brady crocheted for her, complete with booties! She looked so adorable in it, thanks so much for all the hard work Susan, you have made a beautiful little heirloom for Heidi to pass on to her daughter!
Heidi was perfect the whole day (until she pooped through her slip getting nice yellow stains on it, and her great Aunts lap!) Here she is relaxing in the shade after a long day.
Mom decided to contribute a melon basket to the luncheon. We decided to fancy it up a little bit and make a watermelon baby carriage. It was a lot of fun, and not that hard at all.
This was the best part of Alex's day. My dear Aunt Susie gave us their old sandbox which we converted into a swimming pool for the day! Alex LOVED it, Archie may have loved it more, if that is possible. The summer was looking pretty promising for fun, but now, we are guaranteed a fantastic time. THANKS SUSIE and JIM!!!!

The whole day ended back at our house with some family. Alex adores her cousin Jaden (who is actually my cousin), and plopped on the couch with her apple, scooted over as close as she could get to him, hunched down like him, and then ate her apple in between giving him huge smiles and giggles. Jayden also donated a bunch of his old toys to Alex, I don't know who has had more fun with them, Tyler or Alex!
Looking back it was a great week. I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people who love, and look after me. And if I was stranded at home for a week, there is no one I would rather be with than me darling little girls!

No comments: