Monday, June 7, 2010

OBEY ME!!

The last week has been fairly crazy. Poor Tyler is going through probably the most stressful time of his whole life. His classes this summer are killer, with lots of homework, and on top of that he is worrying about missing classes to travel and test for fire departments so he can get a job, and cramming for the skills USA competition. Then there is the added stress of a crying newborn, a sassy two year old, and his overheated wife. We've been trying to find "joy in the journey" but I really can't wait until this phase of life is over, and hopefully that will be as soon as the semester is over.

Alex was not on her best behavior this week, and I swear we tried 100 different ways to get her to obey and nothing we did would work. This morning she was having another meltdown while I was trying to talk to my Mom on the phone. I handed her the special music box she only gets to play with on special occasions, hoping it would calm her down. I'm not sure what she was trying to do, but after a few minutes she started yelling at the box "OBEY ME, OBEY ME!!!" My reaction was a mixture of sadness that she was so frustrated, and relief that even though you wouldn't guess from her behavior sometimes, apparently she does know what the word obey means. I'll admit there was a bit of humor as well, watching her tell off the music box.

I think the sudden heat wave and our lack of air conditioning has gotten us all sitting on the edge these days. I can't wait for my 6 week checkup and the doctor to give me the OK to really start exercising. I've got to lose this baby weight so I can fit into my shorts again!

No comments: