Saturday, May 29, 2010

The last store Alex will ever see the inside of

Yesterday Kate, Archie, Alex and I decided we needed to get out of the house. The new addition, Heidi, makes it so that we can't all fit into one car anymore for our adventures, with the plethora of car seats and all. Luckily, Grandma was willing to babysit pint size so the rest of us could have some fun.
We perused the fabric store for a few projects I'm thinking of starting, I was enjoying myself and dreaming off all the fun things that could be made from all the beautiful fabric and things. Everything was going relatively well for awhile, and then I realized that I was the only one having fun. Alex and Archie decided they both wanted to escape the shopping cart, and when they were denied that pleasure they started to hit, pull hair, grab and in general bug each other. A few mini tantrums later (handled very well by Kate) we were finally making our exit when I realized that Alex didn't have her shoes on. In fact they weren't even in the cart. This led us on an expedition back through the store looking down every isle for her shoes. When we finally did find them she proceeded to throw the newly purchased fabric and bag out of the cart, then seconds later, strip off her jacket and throw it out of the cart. Luckily we made it to the car before her shirt and pants could follow.
Most of the time I can't help but laugh at the crazy and ridiculous things that Alex does. This being one of them. But sometimes, I'll admit I just want to cry.

No comments: