Monday, May 17, 2010

2 weeks old already!

(Heidi at a few hours old)
(Heidi, now 2 weeks old)

Somehow I earned an enormous blessing about when Heidi was born. Up until that time Alex slept until 6:30 or 7 everyday, which was great! But starting about the day we came home from the hospital, Alex has been sleeping until 8 or 8:30 EVERY MORNING! Heidi has not been so considerate and regaurdless of what I try, wakes up every 1.5- 2 hours at night. This is why I am so greateful that I get to catch a few extra Z's while Tyler tends Heidi and Alex sleeps late into the A.M.
(Alex helping Daddy plant sunflower seeds)
Alex was born into a quiet world. I don't think she even saw another kid until Nicholas and Christian came to visit when she was 3 months old. Most of her life until we moved back to Utah, was spent hanging out with me in various basements and living rooms, just the two of us.
(Alex's hands after covering herself from finger tips to elbows in peanut butter, while no one was watching)

Heidi on the other hand will never experience this quiet world. Alex wakes up just as I'm finished with the 5th feeding of the day, and demands to hold Heidi first thing. Then directly after breakfast she heads from her booster seat straight to Heidi's bouncer chair and proceeds to 'mother' her for a few hours. This consists of placing every blanket she can find over Heidi's legs, piling all her toys onto Heidi's lap, smothering her with kisses and admiring her fingers and toes. Once she gets bored of Heidi, she moves onto her own dolls, which she wraps up in blankets, takes for rides on the rocking chair or rocking giraffe, throws off the couch, and occasionally puts into timeout.
(Heidi's first bath, the moment of calm before she started screaming)

Heidi's life is far more interesting in the first 2 weeks, than Alex's was for the first 6 months. I can't believe it's already been 2 weeks! It seems like much longer, but at the same time like it's flying by. This weekend we got to spend a lot of time with Kara and Devin, playing croquette, jumping on the trampoline, eating yummy food, going to the park and laughing a lot. At the end of the day I walk away thinking that there is no possible way that they had even half as much fun as we did. Alex LOVES the trampoline, and I loved watching her goof off with her Aunt and Uncle. It's been a great 2 weeks!

No comments: