Saturday, May 15, 2010

Priceless


I don't know if it's because I've had a lot more time to just sit and listen to what Alex says lately, or if she suddenly grew up in the last 2 weeks and has really figured out how to express herself. Probably a mixture of both. Here are a few of her gems...

- Alex's doll broke and I told her that Daddy would help us fix her doll later. Alex was already pretty sad and started to cry, then she said "Daddy run away again." In the most pitiful voice. (Daddy has never run away, I don't know why she chose that assortment of words)

- While putting her baby doll into Heidi's bouncer chair I overheard her say "Time to buckle up sweetheart!!" This was almost immediately followed by "Time out baby! no make mess."

- Yesterday Tyler and I were talking about the incentives the German government gives families to have kids. Tyler said "Ok, lets go to Germany" apparently Alex was listening in on the conversation and pipped up "Alex come too?!" Tyler said "Ok, you can come." Then Alex responded "Alex get socks first" and then ran to the bedroom, got her socks, took them to Tyler and then went hunting for her shoes.

- Last night we were all enjoying each others company on the couch and Alex tooted. I asked her if she had tooted and she said "Yeah, Ali... somebody tooted. Alex or the baby." I think Archie is finally off the hook now that we have a new scapegoat, as he is usually the one who gets blamed for the messes etc. that Alex makes.

No comments: