Friday, June 26, 2009

Oh what do you do in the summertime

I thoroughly enjoy creating things. Lately I've been leaning toward food, because of the instant gratification part. I've made a ton of breads and cookies and savory dinners this summer and really enjoyed my roll as head cook. I have this huge binder where I have accumulated about a million different projects that I want to make, and add to it almost weekly. Here are the projects I've made this week.

I had 9 yards of this fabric laying around and decided to make Alex a skirt and flower. Then she looked so cute that I made a skirt and flower for myself. This is the best picture I could get.


I've been dying to try out this 'Tipsy pot' idea for months and so I finally completed it. It was SO easy and I think it looks great! Now the challenge is to keep the flowers alive, I figure if they die, I can just blame Alex (whose fault it may end up being anyway). The key to the tipsyness of the pots is that there is a rod pounded into the ground. You just thread the pots on at an angle and they stay that way! My original idea was to make it into a herb garden, but I was afraid the chickens would eat them/ afraid I would kill them.


We gave Alex an orange slice a few days ago and she just sat there with it in her mouth like this for about a minute until she reacted to it at all. It was hilarious.


Alex getting ready to brand the cows.


I don't think I ever posted pictures of the Kids Kitchen set we won at the auction so here you go. We actually have 2 of the hutch in the picture. Tyler and I have FINALLY started to fix these up and I am so excited about how they are turning out. I can't wait to post the AFTER pics!

3 comments:

TJ and Stephanie said...

You are so creative! I love that when you have an idea or a project you actually finish it! I have about a million half completed projects lying around.... So GOOD for you to do something about it!!! Please send some of your ambition this way!

natalie spratling said...

Love the kitchen set can't wait to see it finished...Alex is going to love it. Love all the photos Kristen especially the desserts - YUM!

Molly and Jay said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! Where did you get such a cute little kitchen set?