Thursday, June 11, 2009

All done

I've been trying to teach Alex some sign language. I was pretty terrible at consistency and the only one we have worked on at all for about 2 months is "all done". I decided that it was time to learn some new ones when........
On the way home from our vacation I looked in the back to see poor Alex sitting in her car seat, staring at me with the biggest puppy dog eyes and doing the ' all done' sign with her hands.
The next day she tried it while getting her diaper changed. She has done it a few times since during this situation and I think it is just hilarious.
I think she has come to associate it with moving because it always proceeds her getting out of her high chair. She has started to use it for everything from having people pick her up, to going up the stairs. It is the cutest thing though to see her look at you expectantly and wave both arms above her head!

1 comment:

alli taggart said...

I taught katie some sign language, and it was SO helpful. and it was cute! that's funny that alex is using "all done" to pick her up :)