Picture this....
You are walking through the mall. Enjoying a Saturday all your own with out your husband or baby. You are checking out the sunglasses rack in the Gap, when a man in his mid twenties approaches you. "Can I ask you something?" he says. "Of course" you reply with a smile. "Would you like to go out sometime?" Startled you reply, "I'm sorry, I'm married" and point to the ring on your hand. "Oh, ok" He says with a smile and then walks off. You stand there a bit taken aback, thinking "he must not have seen my ring, wow, I must still have it going on!" The rest of the day you walk around feeling pretty good that after having a baby and being married for 2 and a half years, you can still turn a head.
Now, picture this.....
You are walking around the library. The creepy downtown library which you have been trying to overcome your bias against, and overlook the dirty homeless men watching the children play. You are strolling through a secluded isle pushing your 15 month old baby and trying to find a book on baby sign language. A tall black man in a black hooded sweatshirt approaches you purposefully. You move the stroller over to allow him to pass and smile apologetically. "Can I ask you something?" he asks. "Of course" you reply with a smile. "Would you like to go out sometime?" Startled you reply, "I'm sorry, I'm married" and point to your baby. "Oh, ok" He says with a smile and then walks off. You stand there a bit taken aback thinking "WHAT THE HECK?!! Did he not notice the baby, creepy. What would have possessed him to ask me that. Was it a set up, do I still have my wallet?!!!" You then take the books you have been able to gather until that point, check them out all the while looking around to make sure he didn't follow you (making the librarian give you quite the quizzical look). You dash to the car, throw the stroller in without collapsing it and then drive to the Walmart 20 miles away in a different city so you won't have to go home to an empty house, and can hopefully shop away that erie feeling.
I know, weird huh. Yeah, it wasn't the first scenario that played out today. Either babies out of wed lock are becoming WAY to common, this guy was hoping I'd be up for an affair, or he was out of his mind and up to no good. I'm thinking bear spray in the purse might be a good investment.
No comments:
Post a Comment