
(Alex in the Hospital)
Today, St. Patricks Day 2009, Alexandria turns 1 year old. The last year had gone by so fast and been filled with so many exciting changes. This morning when we woke up we discovered it had been snowing all night and it was a winterwonderland outside. Of course by noon it had all melted away.

(6 weeks picture)
Alex spent the day playing with the balloons and streamers we decorated the dining room with and later on we went and got her pictures taken at Kiddie kandids. Afterwards we went and got her free ice cream from cold stone. Alex loved the treat even though it was their new yogurt ice cream, which isn't ice cream at all, just plain yogurt frozen. Who would have thought that it would be my mom that keeps sneaking Alex and cookies and treats while I become the health nut. For her cake I decided to just make muffins and frost them with whipped cream. I know, how boring, but other than the cookie bits she gets fed under the table, Alex hasn't really had a lot of sugar, and I didn't want an overdose with a frosted cake.

(6 months picture)
When Tyler got home from work we ate dinner (shepherd pie and Brazilian lime aid for St. P's day), and then opened presents. Alex got some really cute things, Grandma Asay made a book for her about the first year of her life and all the adventures they had together. Grandma and Grandpa Brady gave Alex a children's scripture book and Grandma made her a beautiful Easter dress and sweater. Tyler and I each gave her a toy and she also got a spiderman ball from us (she picked it out).
After present opening we ate "cake" I dyed the frosting green and Alex loved it, she made a mess of it all over her and her Dad, it was very cute.
I am not anti pink, but it is my least favorite color. Well, the day before St.Patrick's day the only color of streamers left in town were pink. I thought that was funny, so all our birthday decorations are strangely pink.
The day ended with alex and Tyler playing and Alex laughing her head off every time Tyler jumped. Tyler got a great workout and Alex was literally rolling on the floor laughing at him.
What a little treasure she is. She has so much fun walking around exploring everywhere and getting into everything. I've decided my favorite thing is when she gets caught doing something she knows she shouldn't and when she sees you headed for her, she turns and scampers off. It's hilarious.

(1 year picture)

It's sort of funny looking back, when we took Alex to get her 6 week pictures, I waited and waited until all her scratches had healed up, her acne was gone and her complexion was perfect. Times have obviously changed, if you look at the right side of her face you can see the cut where she fell and hit the shelf, the cut where she fell and hit the bed frame, the most recent fingernail scratches, and the left over from her parking lot face dive black puffed up lip. But, seeing as this is what she looks like most of the time now, it is somewhat appropriate I think.
5 comments:
I can't believe she is ONE!!!! That is so crazy! Time sure flies doesn't it?! She looks adorable. I love the big smile she is giving eating her birthday "cake"! So fun!
Aww!! Happy Birthday to BOTH of you!! Love the green frosting. Too cute...
Wish I was there, or had something to send you... Maybe an email?? Heh... Maybe. I'm sucking at life pretty hard right now, so it might still be a couple more days.
xo
Congradulations Alex! 1year! Happy Birthday Kristen! I love reading your posts and miss you dearly. You are one amazing girl!
Happy Birthday Alex!!! I loved your party picutres... we'll have to do another mini party when the two of you get here, and maybe Tyler too!, in April. We love you!
Happy Birthday Alex! Adorable!
Post a Comment