
On Saturday, Tyler, David, Alex and I went Geo caching at Phipps Ranch. It was cold and windy but we (I) were very excited to go treasure hunting. We had gotten the coordinates for 3 caches in the "easy" section of Geocaching.com, and though we searched and searched we never found the first one.
The second cache was super easy and rewarding. David found the little pouch clipped next to the trunk of a thick pine tree. We left a stuffed mini mouse that Alex got in a cereal box, and took a golden Thomas Jefferson Dollar. Sweet huh!! The last cache was a bit of a hike and involved some slippery climbing up snowy sandstone rocks. The picture below is the view from the top, not a picture of what we climbed with a baby.
Tyler is an amazing mountain goat though and scaled it safely with Alex in his arms, faster than I could do it alone. I was also amazed at how strong David is, after I got tired of hauling Alex around, I handed her over to David so I could get a break, he carried her forever, up and down hills until Tyler took her for the assent. The third cache was a coffee can in which we left 35 cents and a piece of candy (everything in our pockets) because Alex wanted the yellow car.

1 comment:
How Fun! I was telling Ben the other day that we should get a GPS just to go geochaching, I don't think he liked the idea as much as I did....
Post a Comment