Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chuck Norris can speak braille.





I have this strange new addiction, to fabric. I love looking at it, imagining all the wonderful things each pattern could be made into, i love touching it and laying it out on the ground, but to rarely do I take the plunge and actually cut into it. I have built up in my mind that each of my different patterns has some perfect purpose, and to use it for anything less would be sinful.

I've recently discovered Amy Butler fabrics. They are magical. I would die for a quilt comforter made from one of her patterns and fabrics. So much in fact that I've contemplated learning how to quilt. But then the fear that I would buy the fabric and chicken out, or worse, butcher the quilt, keeps me from doing it. These are the kinds of fabrics where anything you make would turn out beautiful regardless of what it was. You could even have beautiful kitchen rags.

So this is my zen for the week, the eye candy that lifts my spirits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Amy Butler fabric!! I love her damasks.


*side note... I am seriously going to get my email to you finished today. It is my goal for the day! (I'm having issues... It's gonna be a doosy...)

Pallas said...

AMY BUTLER is AMAZING! I am so glad you have a love for her! And you totally should quilt because it is so much fun! Kaitlyn is coming to see me this weekend and I am making a new quilt! I will post pics when it is all done! Nice EYE CANDY! ;)

Kate, Ben and Archie said...

Beautiful! I think one of the pads of paper that I bought is Amy Butler prints. Make something! I am SURE it will be great.