Thursday, March 5, 2009

Chuck Norris runs Windows Vista on his Etch-a-Sketch.



Alex adores the cat. Coincidentally the cat's name is also Alex. This is bound to get confusing for her once she really starts recognizing her name, and wondering why we are always shouting at her to "Get out of the HOUSE"!!!! I never liked the cat until I saw how gentle and nice he was to Alex (the baby). They are very good friends and Alex will follow Alex anywhere. In these pictures, Alex is trying to feed Alex grass.

We went outside a few days ago to play and Alex was simply enthralled with EVERYTHING. She chased after the chickens until she tripped, and then pulled up grass and threw it in the air until she discovered rocks. She had a very hard time understanding that we do not eat rocks. She jumped on the trampoline and laughed and laughed about that. It's when she discovered mud, and successfully got a few muddy rocks into her mouth, that we went inside and gave her a bath.
Yesterday I had that wonderful opportunity of calling poison control. Tyler takes a camel back to work, and when he gets home he drops it on the floor. Alex thinks this is great and has developed a cute habit of walking over, plopping down on the floor and then sucking on the hose until she is thoroughly soaked. Well, while I was cleaning up our tile entryway Alex was playing in the same room. I had my back turned for about 15 seconds and when I turned around, Alex was sucking on the detached hose of the swiffer mop cleaner bottle. I couldn't find a picture, but it looks just like a camel back. The very nice poison control lady said that kids usually do fine with this, and she couldn't have gotten much. I spent the next 15 minutes forcing water and milk into her mouth, which she also thought was hilarious.
To top off the exciting week, we got to go to the BYU Folk Dancers Concert here in Billings. It was pretty pricey, $20 on sale, but worth every penny!!! Honestly one of the best dates ever. Alex even behaved for the first half of the show. She sat in my lap staring at the dancers and kicking her legs to the music and even clapping now and then in the middle of the show. So cute! It was especially fun because we got to see my dear friend Steve-o!!!! We met while working at Aspen Grove and had a few fun adventures together (cave of death and the bat cave most notably), He was one of that dancers and did a fantastic job! For those of you living in the BYU area, I would suggest going to as many of these great events as you can afford, you never realize what great opportunities you have until you are living no where near them.
My new favorite fabric collection....... Good Folks Fabric. I think that my dream quilt comforter will actually be made out of this. Sigh, oh why is beautiful fabric so expensive?!

4 comments:

alli taggart said...

oh poison control...
I had to call after kathryn at half a tube of desitin. she still says "mmmm" whenever she sees it...
glad she's okay@!

alli taggart said...

p.s. I tagged you!

alli taggart said...

i had to do the flickr picture twice because the first picture wouldn't save to my computer (maybe because it wasn't in jpeg format? it would only let me save it as a "bmp" or a "gif"). so I clicked on the link again and this time on the third picture I was able to right-click-"save picture as" a JPEG. wow, does that even make sense?
hmm...
when I could save it to my computer i just opened it with picasa and typed the text in. good luck with your "band" :)

Benjamin Brady said...

Your friend you mention, Steve-o, I am guessing is Steven Ord. Is that true? If so, he is one of best friends from high school. Kate and I ran into him when we watched Aida at the Hale Theater. Just ask Kate, she will remember that happy boy from the theater.