When I was in High school, I admit, I spent way to much time going to concerts. I tried to sit down and figure out exactly how many I had been to, the number was way to high and in the end I had to round it out to an approximation. Most of these were the local band variety, although every now and then someone you have actually heard of made their way to Billings. I even went to warped tour a handful of times. Then I went to college and was close enough to the big city (Salt Lake), that really good bands were playing almost every weekend.
Through all of this I had one 'favorite' band. Not the kind that you listen to everyday, but the kind you just keep going back to and it never really gets old. Now that I am all grown up and "mature", I am a little bit embarrassed to admit that I secretly adore the Dropkick Murphys. At some point in my youth I swore to myself that before I got married I would see them perform on stage. These guys seriously NEVER play out west, they are always either in Boston or abroad somewhere. Well, that never did happen, I guess I finally got my priorities straight and never made the pilgrimage. Imagine my absolute delight when I read in the Billings Gazette today that The Dropkick Murphys were going to be playing HERE on Wednesday! I thought over how silly I would feel around that crowd now that I have a baby, responsibility, and concern for my eardrums. But I got over that in about two seconds and got so excited to take Tyler and let him experience his first real concert.
Well, that's when I looked closer and realized that no, they had been here LAST Wednesday. It is probably for the best, but ohhhh what a dream come true that would have been.
1 comment:
Woo Woo! Dropkick Murphy's! I don't know much of their stuff, but "Spicy McHaggis Jig" is one of my favorite songs ever. Sorry you missed out on that show.
Post a Comment