(My new dress Tyler got for me, I love it)
In the last 2 weeks we have celebrated all of our birthday's, plus 2 sister in laws, a grandma, and hopefully no one else that I've forgotten about.
My birthday was great. We went swimming and ate a the most fantastic steak dinner (compliments of Mom) and then Tyler took me to buy fabric and pick out a book (100 easy bread recipe's).
(My birthday cake, compliments of Mother Asay)
That weekend was Grandma Asay's birthday, so we drove to Worland and hung out there. We picked up 10 bum (orphan) lambs, burned a corn field, rode the 4-wheeler, and ate delicious food.
(Alex and her Great Grandma Asay)
(Us in the lambing shed picking up our babies)

(After the first wall of flame had traveled on, and here Tyler is setting some more little fires)

( don't worry, Alex was safe)
(After the first wall of flame had traveled on, and here Tyler is setting some more little fires)
( don't worry, Alex was safe)
The next week was a crazy mess of feeding baby sheep every 4 hours (luckily Alex loved the sheep and has learned to push back) and sewing aprons (i'll explain later). And finally, yesterday was Tyler's birthday. I had this great plan to make the coolest cake ever, and I feel like I succeeded, although it did not turn out quite like I planned. Although we got him books, chocolate milk and a medicine ball (alll things he wanted) the absolute best gift he got was permission from my Mom to let him get a dog.
(the frosting was suppose to look like flames, but the red turned neon pink and so it just looked more like a cake for a 6 year old girl, not a 25 year old guy. The inside was a bit more symetrical than I was going for, but the colors were so cool!)

Tyler has been wanting a dog forever. He has been talking about getting one everyday for probably the last 3 months. This was HUGE for him. So as soon as he got off work we went to the animal shelter and promptly fell in love with no less than 3 dogs. Seeing as it is going to be a farm/family/kids dog we still have to gain approval and therefore do not yet have one. After the pound we went to Shipton's to get Alex some functional baby clothing.
I got a pair of rain boots to use when feeding sheep etc. They are beautiful and fantastic and I decided everyone needed a pair, especially Alex. So we went and got her a sweet pair of Carhart overalls so she wouldn't get mud and manure all over her cute clothes, and we got her a pair of boots so all her nice shoes would stop getting covered in poop. She is adorable, and best of all I can stop worrying about her sitting in the straw.
3 comments:
Yay! Happy birthday to all! I hope you guys had a great month of celebration! I'm officially jealous of the puppy and Devin is jealous of Alex's carharts!! We miss you love ya!
Lol, I loved the birthday cake comment about it looking like a little girl's cake. You guys are so lucky to be so close to Worland!
Your comment on the 6 year old cake cracked me up. I'm so jealous about the dog! Congratulations and Happy Birthday everyone!
Post a Comment