Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How much wood, could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck, could chuck norris?


For those of you who haven't heard of 'Freecycle', it is the most wonderful thing ever. In an attempt to keep things out of landfills, a group got together to recycle the old 'junk' that might end up there. It is sort of like the Free ads in the newspaper. I check every once in awhile to see if there is anything I'd like, or could contribute (you can post and ask for items as well). For Christmas Tyler gave me a coupon that entitled me to a $30 fabric store binge. So we went out on our weekly date and I was completely unimpressed with the selection at the local Joann fabric. I ended up just buying sewing necessities, but walked away feeling a bit sad I didn't have any fabric to play with.
I decided to try out Freecycle, So I posted a 'want' ad and WOW!!! In one day I got 3 replies and a bunch of fabric! Now I can play!




So I had been toying around with the idea of making a stuffed robot for quite awhile now, but never really had the fabric or the know how. So yesterday I got the urge and started cutting up some of the reject fabric I was going to give away anyway. I figured I would just mess around and probably throw it all away after I had experimented. Well, my little robot which was suppose to be about 7 inches tall in my imagination, ended up being bigger than Alex, and actually pretty cool! It wasn't that hard and only took me a few hours to make. Now imagine what I could do with fabric that wasn't puke green and grey corduroy!

2 comments:

Kate, Ben and Archie said...

I love your robot! THat is awesome... I forgot about freecycle... I should jump back on it and look

Elizabeth said...

That is a great robot. I've been thinking about making a stuffed monster, but that's as far as I've gotten...thinking...