So much to update, but the important things first.....
We took Alex to her Doctor apt. at Shriner's in SLC on Thursday. The doctors told us that she is doing Great!!! If they were grading her they would give her an A!
One thing I wasn't prepared to hear was that we are not actually in the clear, yet. apparently the first 4 years are critical, and the first 8 they like to keep an eye on the hips. So for the next 4 years at least, we will be going in for a check up every 6 months to make sure all is well. Since we have lots of family in the SLC area, we don't mind at all. We got to see the X-ray and it looked great! Both hips are about the same and developing well. The doctor said we don't need to do anything special or prevent her from doing anything, so we get to continue to enjoy our normal child! Things are expected to progress normally and only rarely do the hips start to digress after the harness corrects them. We are just thrilled!
5 comments:
That is good to hear Alex is doing so well. I was hoping the appointment would bring good news!
YAY!!!!! That is such awesome news!
Congratulations! We are so happy to hear!
Yea! That makes me happy! I sure miss you guys!
I've been thinking about you all and am so glad to hear that Alex's checkup went well!
Post a Comment