Tyler and I have a curse when it comes to sentimental holiday's. Every single Valentines Day, New Year's and a few of the birthday's have all been marred by sickness or absence. This year we were babysitting 4 kids plus our own on Valentines day but still were able to make the best of it. We all had heart shaped chocolate chip waffles for Breakfast and then took everyone to the Art Museum for it's free day. The 10 and 2 year old did NOT want to be there, and made sure we remembered every step of the way, but over all the 20 minutes it lasted was somewhat fun. On our way to the museum we stopped by a park to feed the ducks. It was SO cold, but the ducks were like pets and had us surrounded before we were all out of the car! They were literally eating the bread out of our hands, and one almost got Alex's finger (she was not holding bread). Tyler even caught one! The kids were thrilled about it and if it wasn't freezing and we had taken more bread, we could have stayed there for hours. Our outing finished at a Chinese buffet. We were planning on going to McDonald's with the giant play place, but when a screaming match ensued in the car between the 3 older children over McDonald's or Chinese, we decided we would console the 6 year old some other way. I think the greatest moment of the whole weekend was when we all walked to our table and every head in the restaurant turned to see the young couple with the 5 kids. While I was at our table with Alex, a man asked Tyler if the 13 year old was his wife, and the mother of the crew! I thought it was hilarious but she was horrified (she looks a LOT older than 13). The lovely day ended with Alex vomiting all over her crib, and me, multiple times. Apparently she has caught the flu from the 2 year old who had just gotten over it. By Sunday Tyler was sick, Monday I got it, Tuesday my Mom got it and then we headed on our happy way to Utah. Where we ended up passing it on to my brother, Tyler's father and Kara, his sister.
Regardless of the less 'traditional' Valentines festivities, Tyler and I still exchanged gifts. I got Tyler 2 bottles of the hot sauce he talks about constantly. Special ordered from Texas which I guess is the only place you can buy it. Tyler got me two vintage lockets, a heart and a diamond (in case I didn't want a heart). I was thrilled.
2 comments:
Wow. That doesn't sound like the best Valentine's Day, but your gifts sound lovely! Hopefully you'll finally get a romantic one next year...
Kristen...
I'm so sorry I haven't emailed you back. I have become swallowed whole by the Twilight FanFiction fandom... It's sad.
I'm glad to hear Alex's hip check went ok! And that is so cute that you babysat the Von Trapp Family.
Seriously. You should've started a singing group and made them matching clothes out of their curtains. Although... maybe their parents wouldn't have liked that...
So... I have an enormous email to write you. Gah... Life... Your dream does not sound too far off from what it will be about. Well, maybe about 2/3 to 3/4.
I'll try to write it sometime either when I get home tonight or tomorrow morning.
I wish Montana wan't so far away...
Post a Comment