Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Montana here we come!

I wish now to dwell on a more positive theme. Though this one also has its share of sadness, we are mostly excited for OUR MOVE TO MONTANA! These are the plans: throughout this and next week we will move out of our apartment and into mom and dad Brady’s basement. On April 14th I will begin refresher training with the crew and get ready to fight wildfire. I am on call starting April 30th. Kristen will remain in the basement until sister Kara’s wedding. Then she will move to Montana and spend the rest of the summer in mom Asay’s basement. From our basement apartment to a basement, to a basement, we just don’t like the sun very much as you can tell. Come November when my baby has grown up without me and I am finally done fighting fire I will rejoin the family in Montana.

Through Kristen’s brother Steven I made the acquaintance a man named Tom, who is a Billings firefighter. He has been genuinely enthusiastic about helping me get a job with the Billing Fire Department. If I get the job Kristen and I will settle in for a few years while I continue to take classes here and there, then we will start applying for medical school. In this way we hope to have some grand adventures together before getting thoroughly trapped in school and debt. Our philosophy is this: if you sacrifice your ability to have fun in the present for the pursuit of having fun in the future, the future will arrive and you won’t remember what having fun is. We want our lives to begin today, not after medical school and a residency.

No comments: