Friday, March 1, 2013

The Wedding Dress

When Alex was blessed as a baby she wore the dress my mother was blessed in.  When Heidi was blessed, Tyler's Mom made a beautiful little crochet dress.  So when we found out we were in for girl number 3, I knew I wanted her to have a special dress of her own to pass down to her kids. 

 It just so happened that my Mother was getting rid of her wedding dress, after holding onto it for 25 years in hopes her only daughter would wear it- and getting rejected.  It's almost too pretty to cut into, but I know it's going to make the perfect blessing dress for our next daughter.  Before I took to the scissors I let the girls play dress up.
 Alex was a natural at posing.
 I thought it would be another 20 years before I was taking her Bridal pictures.
 I had to pry her out of the dress so Heidi could have a turn.
 She loved the hat,
 loved the sleeves and all of it!
 Heidi was much less cooperative when it came to pictures.

 Part of me wanted to let them run through the house playing bride all night, and the other half couldn't wait to get them out of the dress before it got ruined!
 Heidi wasn't as keen on wearing the hat.
 I'm excited to get started on the dress, but it's going to be hard to cut this beauty up.

Ladies beware, this is what happens when your dress is too long and you get all tangled up.

2 comments:

Kate, Ben and Archie said...

When Alex is really getting bridal pictures, you should make her do all of the same poses, and then compare them. So cute!

TJ and Stephanie said...

I can't WAIT to see it!! I am not much of a seamstress, but let me know if you need help, I would love to!!