There's not a lot to update on these days as I find myself slowing down considerably and wanting naps constantly. It always snows on the days I have the car, which steals all my enthusiasm for leaving the house, and the rest of the week Tyler commutes so we are stuck at home anyway.
Friday I grabbed plastic bins and a laundry basket and set up a drive in movie lunch for the girls so I could snag a nap midday. They declaired this the best way to watch a movie and were enthralled in their squished little pillow filled cars until the movie ended. At which point they cried that they hadn't really wanted to watch the Lion King afterall and demanded a different movie. This is the new pattern of life. Heidi usually runs off crying when I say no and Alex mopes until I distract everyone.
Saturday was full of baby and bridal showers to attended and it snowed. Tyler was on child duty and braved the mall alone on a Saturday with both girls to take Alex to make a "Build a Bear". We had done this with Heidi a few weeks ago and had some coupons that made it worth taking Alex for the experience. Afterwards Tyler proved his awsome Dadness by taking them to a photobooth and documenting the date. We've aquired quite the photobooth strip collection and it's one of my prized posessions. Satuday night Tyler and I got to sneak off to Outback for dinner thanks to awsome Grandma babysitter. A week ago this wouldn't have been possible (see heartburn rant below) but I was able to enjoy my meal the the company was great. This date only consisted of dinner which further proves my large exhausted 35 weeks pregnant lameness.
I finally broke down and realized that not only were TUMS not doing anything for my heartburn, but at the rate I was eating them I was more likely to have kidney stones in a month than a baby. I called up the doctor and got the OK for some OTC heartburn relef. I heart Prevacid. For the first time in months I was able to go to bed without 9 pillows stacked under my bed. I'm no longer cranky and miserable from noon until morning because of acid creeping up my throat, AND I ate some blooming onion at 6pm with NO adverse side effects. I'm nearly in heaven. I really enjoy eating and it was really hard to enjoy eating anything when I knew it was going to make me sick.
I also discovered this week that a combination of riding the bike and sleeping with a pillow between my knees has really helped my sciatic nerve problem. When Kate was here we worked out nearly everyday but I sort of lost my motivation when she left (come back Kate!) I am feeling a lot more mobile than I was a few weeks ago oddly enough, but I know my hobbly old lady limits!
At the baby shower Saturday I was asked how I was feeling. I looked at the girl due in 3 weeks whose shower we were attending and said "I'm 2 weeks behind her and she looks 10 times better than I feel!" My friend told me "It's her first, it's your third- give yourself a break, your body is falling apart!" It made me feel better in a strange way. I've started to realize that once you have a kid you are admitted into the secret Mommy club and suddenly have so much in common with every other Mother. But something changes by kid number 3 and you get a key that lets you behind the doors to the secret secret Mommy club where you get to talk about all the new and exciting ailments that befall your stretched out body. I can imagine that there are even more levels of secrecy and excitment that wait after each pregnancy and phase of a childs life.
The pressure is on to find a name for this child and we think we might have maybe figure it out perhaps?! I don't know. The name Quinn came to me while I was falling asleep a few months ago and I latched onto it. Awhile later I was googling the name and discovered that there was a song about a Quinn. I was pretty excited about this because we all have our own "theme songs". Then I saw it was written by Bob Dylan and (sorry Ben) it about ruined it for me. I won't go as far as to call him a musical genius, but he does have a few good songs dispite his um, unique vocal style. Well I have to say Thank you Bobby for outsorcing this one because Manfred Mann did a bang up job of performing it and saved the name!!!! So while Quinn isn't our 100% name, and we don't want anyone refering to the baby as this until she is all out and officially here, feel free to click the name below and enjoy the song.
And yes, when Quinn the eskimo gets here, everybodys gunna jump for joy.
Quinn
Heidi - This was her song from day 1 and I don't imagine it will ever change.
Alex - Alex's song used to be Alejandro by Lady Gaga, but now that she is growing up we've been searching for something a bit more appropriate. I haven't run this one by her yet, but it's a winner in my book.
Kristen - I came across this one while looking for wedding songs, think I'm going to find myself a new one though.
Tyler - Not a lot of songs out there about guys named Tyler. But we love They Might Be Giants, so it works.
1 comment:
There is no shame in liking a good Bob Dylan cover.
I figure that liking a Dylan cover is like liking your sister-in-law. It is not that I like the original any less (i.e., Tyler), only that the new version is so much more refined.
See what I just did there, I complimented Kristen, Tyler and Bob all at once--Two lovely people and one grouchy old man.
I dig Quinn. Hope it sticks!
Post a Comment