Last Sunday Heidi requested that I curl her hair. This child will RARELY let me take 3 seconds to place a clip in her hair to keep it out of her face. I was stunned. Especially when she sat quietly through the whole thing!
It was so adorable I had to catch a picture as she was chewing a cracker and we were running out the door to church. The first thing she said when she looked in the mirror she said "I look like Grandma Asay!"Heidi and I have been enjoying our time together while Alex is in preschool. On this particular day we were doing some project when she requested a bagel. When Heidi asks for a bagel what she really wants is lots of cream cheese to lick off of the bagel. I prepared it for her and then she disappeared. I found her in lounging in my closet, to my surprise- actually eating the bagel.
Every now and then we babysit Bridger and the girls love it! Bridger is getting big and can really hold his own in the chaos. Last week Alex decided she needed a picture with her cousin, and then she couldn't stop.
She made me take about 20 pictures of her and Bridger in different poses. While it looks like I'm being a terrible Aunt here, watching my daughter strangle her cousin- he was happy to go along with it!
But just in case, Alex made sure she had his hands AND legs secured while she pulled each pose.
Here we have 36 week belly. Tyler tells me that it's grown exponentially in the last week. I don't know if I've seen it, but I've felt it. The kids can easily outpace me on our walks and we spend a few hours a day in the lounge chair reading books etc. The weather has been so nice and so I've been able to set them free in the back yard until their fingers are frozen from making "hot chocolate" from sand, grass and ice melt in various pots and puddles. Heidi LOVES to read and requests at least 3 books be read from everyone, everyday. She loves reading the same books over and over and over again and will on occasion grab a pile and sit on the couch to read to herself. It is by far her favorite thing to do other than watching movies, which she asks for daily but only gets once a week (well, maybe a couple times a week these days.) She is happy and content to play with her fingers like they are spiders anytime and can make up a game about them in 2 seconds flat. She loves to run and ride her scooter and smile and is eagerly awaiting her baby sister so she can be a big sister!




No comments:
Post a Comment