Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 20th

I've been bemoaning myself lately.  My body is constantly in some phase of discomfort.  It seems that I can't find a way to do the things I want to do because my body no longer allows it.  Most recently this seems to be sitting on the floor and laying on my back.  It seems so many women around me are having their babies, and I find myself imagining (although I know it's not true) that once the baby is out, my body will be perfect once again and the world will be nothing but sunshine and lollypops.  I do still remember all the pain of labor, and the discomforts that follow, but I am a creature that thrives on moving around DOING things, and I can see my children suffering while Mom lays and waddles around, unable to keep up all day.
        Our birthday weekend came and went and once the festivities were finally done I didn't immediately go into labor like I had hoped.  I struggled for a minute, and then decided that instead of treating the next 2 weeks like a burden, like every second was a countdown to something better, I would treat it like the last 2 weeks of my life.  My attitude changed.  I still can't move very well, my back still hurts and there are a variety of other pains, but even though it's raining outside we are going to have a great day.  I have no reason to think that these will actually be the last 2 weeks of my life- but if they were I would hate to think I spent them moping around and wasting each precious moment.  I'm hoping I can find a way to serve someone each day, make by two current children feel super loved, and maybe even check a few things off that big todo list of mine.  I'm sure the next two weeks are going to fly by too fast anyway and then I will be moaning about the loss of my arms, my sleep and my free time!

Since we had missed Temple Square yesterday, I promised Alex if she wasn't throwing up, then today we would take pictures at the Provo temple.  Unfortunately it was suppose to rain so we left early to try and beat it.
 If it hadn't been so cold, we probably could have stayed forever.  The girls were having so much fun.
 Heidi was running around, talking to herself and pointing out every little thing she wanted Alex to take a picture of.
After the Temple we drove around while Alex took pictures of random houses, and I freaked everyone out (including myself) by driving up to the Y parking lot.  Yes, just the parking lot.  Apparently with each pregnancy my fear of heights multiplies by 10 and I was nearly paralyzed parking in a stall next to the edge of the lookout.  

 

No comments: