I suppose I should post again at least once more before life gets crazy with a newborn.
That is assuming that this baby is ever going to come out. I had a pre-postpartum depression stint this morning and as I was bawling and going on about being pregnant forever, Alex walked in, gave me a sweet hug and said "Mommy, why do you want to get the baby out so bad?" She then went on to rat me out to Grandpa in the kitchen a little while later. "Mommy was crying this morning because of the baby" she said. I don't think I'm as unhinged as I probably sound, but you may have to ask Tyler.
We've had a good week here although I can't remember many particulars. Tyler's brother Sam and his family have been in town so the girls have been able to spend lots of time with their Tennessee cousins who they adore! I unfortunately haven't taken a single picture. Heidi follows Christian around, Christian wants to play with Alex and Alex has a crush on Nicholas who just wants the adults to play boardgames with him. The adults want all the kids to go outside and enjoy the nice weather without getting too dirty.
The week has gone by quickly with plenty of family around and adults to talk to which has been nice. Yesterday was Tyler's birthday and we spent the whole day doing whatever he wanted! I made biscuits and gravy for breakfast and then let him read and relax for a few hours. Next was legos with the girls, followed by lunch and Easter Egg dying with those junky kits that don't really dye anything. The girls loved it still. After lunch we went to Toys'R'us so Tyler could spend his birthday money on more Legos. I was pleased a it's something the kids LOVE to do with him and him with them. They can all individually sit and play for hours while I lay on the couch and read. We came home and had a feast of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, then played more Legos and had our Easter Egg hunt in the backyard. Alex and Heidi filled up on Chocolate and spent the next 2 hours outside looking for the missing 4 eggs and playing around until a late dinner and bedtime. Meanwhile Tyler and I both got to sit and read. My dream birthday was lots of delicious food and plenty of time OUT of the house, Tyler it seems is my opposite.
Today Sam and Natalie's baby, Madison Mae Brady- my newest and only second Niece, was blessed in church. She looked so sweet in her white dress and is such a good tempered child! It's been a fun day sitting around and chatting with family, while dreaming up ways to induce labor. On a whim I bought a pineapple yesterday and have since been told 3 times that fresh pineapple can start contractions! I may eat the whole thing myself. So here is hopefully the last post before baby comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment