Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Let the games begin

I learned a lesson this week about planning a vacation and 3 birthday parties in the same week.  It's better not to try.
  A few weeks ago Tyler and I decided that we NEEDED a vacation.  We spent all of 10 minutes figuring out that with time restraints, money restraints and kids, our options were severely limited. We settled on a "Stay-cation" and I got to work googling every possible activity to do in or around Salt Lake City.

Heidi frequently accessorizes herself on a whim.  She is a funny kid, preferring cars and blocks to dolls, but loves to wear jewelry and hair clips 10x more than her princess crazed sister. 
   Simultaneously I was in the midst of planning Danielle's birthday party, finishing Alex's gifts and planning her birthday activities and party.  Danielle ended up needing a gallbladder removed and so her party was a bit of a bust (poor girl!) but we still had a fun evening of family, games and ice cream cake.


   Sunday I shifted into stressed out vacation mode, trying to organize and plan for a hotel night away, followed directly by Alex's birthday.  Turns out I plan too much!  Tyler convinced me to take a deep breath and leave something up to chance and relax.  So I have.  Tomorrow we head up to SLC for 2 days of family fun! Can't wait!
My first successful icecream cake! It looked pretty good, now I just need to learn how to make it taste like the coldstone ones!
   I am excited to say that with the help of a bunch of wonderful ladies I was able to finish Alex's quilt! I decided to try and hand quilt it instead of tying, which took a LOT longer than I thought it would.  Quilting on a deadline isn't super fun, but I love the finished product.
 
   I won't have time to post for the next few days but next week there will be an overload!  Alex is helping me put together her birthday party and I think she has enjoyed making invitations and planning cupcakes just as much as she will like the party!  I can't wait for the next 3 days of non stop fun and I'm pretty sure we will needs a vacation from our vacation by the time we are done!

1 comment:

Kara said...

I usually feel that way after vacations...I need a day to recover haha:)We are excited to share in on some of the fun adventures coming up though!!