Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I love pinterest

I avoided pinterest for about a year, sure I would become absorbed and it would ruin my life.  Once I got over the initial "binge" I've really enjoyed checking it every few days for new fun ideas.
I will admit that right now I'm addicted to all the wonderful indoor play and sensory activities to be found.  A few weeks ago I made the rice sandbox and Alex and Heidi loved it.  Then I found them a day later, digging through our 'eating rice' bucket.
 So I decided to dye to the rice to make things a bit more exciting and help them distinguish between "fun rice" and "food rice".
 Alex spent probably and hour and a half in the new and improved rice bucket yesterday.  While she was shoveling and sorting and burying things I was putting together more activities.  The beauty is how simple they are and yet how wonderfully they entertain the kids for hours at a time!
So whoever invented Pinterst, thank you.  Instead of creating a monster I think you have created a better Mom.

No comments: