My birthday fell on a Sunday, which for us meant a calm, quiet day at home. Tyler made me his fantastic french toast, complete with juice, fancy hot coco, sliced kiwi and greek yogurt. It was the greatest breakfast ever!
After breakfast we got ready for church where Tyler spent the entire time in the foyer with Heidi so I could actually hear the speakers.
After church we came home and relaxed for a bit before my dear cousin Alyson came to visit, bearing gifts for Alex. We played with the playmobile Veterinary clinic for probably and hour before I was informed it was time to go.Tyler kept accusing me of trying to plan my own birthday (I was secretly afraid no one would do anything and it would be a boring day), but my fears were put to rest when I was ushered into the car for the drive to Kara's house.
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the wonderful things that transpired. There were beautiful decorations and wonderful people, and lots of GREAT food. Everyone chipped in to get me a fannypack type camera bag for hiking which I am very excited to try out.
Dinner was FANTASTIC, flank steak over coconut rice, two salads, bacon green beans and my favorite juices. I barely saved room for the beautiful desert! The my great sisters had made chocolate bowls, which were then filled with brownies, rainbow cookies and chocolate carmel malt icecream. Wow!
We came home, put the kids to bed and relaxed the rest of the evening. The next day Tyler got me the greatest gift ever. My little brother Stephen returned from his mission and pushed me back into the photography world. I'd gotten so used to only taking pictures of my kids that I'd forgotten about things like photoshop and aperture.
Stephen is always telling me the coolest and latest things about cameras and so when he got a new lens and showed me what it could do, I immediately wanted it!
The lens basically makes pictures look great. It allows more light to enter, with a fast shutter speed, making pictures look MUCH better in low light situations. My favorite part is how much it blurs the objects not focused on in a picture. The depth of field is awesome.
It's more obvious in other pictures, but the subtle way it makes people POP in a simple picture is just GLORIOUS!
It turns an abstract snapshot into a work of art, or at least a picture worth looking at.
I've been over the moon since getting the lens.
And finally branched out from taking pictures of my feet to see the cool depth of field.
I've moved on to sink faucets, chair legs and fridge doors.



No comments:
Post a Comment